- ANALYISIS OF GBV IMPLEMENTATION CHALLENGES
II. OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
Develop research materials ;
• Analyze the challenges of GBV implementation;
• Evaluate the entire GBV program implementation in terms of effectiveness, relevance, efficiency, sustainability, and impact, with a strong focus on assessing the results;
• Generate key lessons and identify promising practices for learning ;
• Identify areas for continued advocacy and intervention ;
• Draw key messages, conclusions and recommendations from the research;
The consultant(s) will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
Attend consultative meetings between RCSP and TROCAIRE or any other relevant meeting;
Review relevant documents to understand the institution;
Develop and submit a detailed work plan to RCSP;
Produce and present the inception report to RCSP and its members;
Present the draft report during a pre-validation meeting;
Present the draft report during a validation meeting;
Present the final report with recommendations during a policy dialogue meeting;
Draw a position paper based on the policy dialogue meeting recommendations.
III. DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
The consultancy will be performed in 20 days. The consultant should therefore consider the following as deliverables:
• Work plan approved by RCSP;
• Inception report approved by RCSP;
• Final report of the analysis integrating recommendations from the national dialogue approved by RCSP;
• Position paper with recommendations approved by RCSP.
IV. REPORTING AND FEEDBACK
The consultant will directly report to the Executive Secretary of the RCSP. He/ She will also be required to submit regularly a progress report to the Management of RCSP.
V. EXPERTISE REQUIRED
The lead consultant should:
• Hold at least a Master’s degree in project management, development studies, gender studies political sciences, Public policy, Law, Public Administration or similar disciplines. Degrees obtained with distinction will be given priority.
• Expert on Gender Based Violence,Excellent knowledge in GBV programming, implementation of GBV services and strategies, laws and policies;
• Able to conduct in-depth review and analysis of existing program implementation mechanisms , identify critical areas & requirements,
• Possess a strong monitoring, evaluation and analytical skills, with a proven experience of at least 5 years doing similar work, having worked with Civil Society Organizations is an added value;
• Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the development sector in Rwanda;
• Be fluent in English and Kinyarwanda, a working knowledge of another language used in Rwanda would be an asset.
Other competencies include:
• Display sound judgment that enables independent work;
• Be creative, pro-active and able to tap information from various sources;
• Be able to work effectively under tight deadlines;
• Possess the capacity to adequately approach the population and to advise the management team;
• Excellent leadership skills to coordinate the field agents during data collection.
VI. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
The following documents are expected to be included in the proposals:
• Application letter addressed to the Executive Secretary of RCSP;
• Detailed CV and relevant education documents;
• Two successful completion certificates of similar directed researches;
• The RRA Tax Clearance.
Interested candidates should hand submit documents including a technical and financial proposal addressed to the Executive Secretary of RCSP.
Applications should be submitted not later than Wednesday 24th, November 2017 (4pm), at RCSP head office located at Gikondo, Rebero Stone Road KK 31 Ave, Plot number 264. For any query, please contact: 0788359765
Done at Kigali, 16th November 2017
Executive Secretary of RCSP