In order to support civil society in fulfilling its roles and responsibilities in decentralized governance in Rwanda, to strengthen the involvement of civil society in the planning and implementation process of performance contracts Imihigo and to raise awareness for a stronger participation in the Joint Action Development Forum (JADF), PFSCR now recruits a local expert on policy analysis and advocacy. The Local Expert will work in the framework of a joint action plan, established according to the objectives of the GIZ Decentralization and Good Governance Program (DGG).
- Develop, implement and monitor the Bottom Up Advocacy Approach (BUAA) for PFSCR and the DCSPs.
- Analyze national policies and documents and contribute to the development of national policies, guidelines and standards / norms.
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies for PFSCR in alignment with the strategies and priorities of the country together with the Platforms member organizations.
- Actively network with PFSCRs member organizations for collective advocacy projects.
- Establish mechanisms for the exchange and sharing of information among members of civil society and other development actors operating on district level.
- Provide technical support for the integration, extension, and monitoring of public awareness campaigns.
- Provide technical support in the evaluation of advocacy at the local level and use the results to increase social accountability, service delivery and best practice.
- Prepare reports of activities.
- Perform any other duties on demand.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Masters’ degree in Law, Development Studies, Sociology, Political Sciences or closely related fields of study with at least two (2) years of working experiences related to the fields of good governance, decentralization, advocacy, policy analysis and/or citizen participation, human rights and strategies for the dissemination of public policies. Or a Bachelors’ degree (Ao) in the above mentioned fields with minimum of four (4) years of working experience.
- Proven understanding of advocacy, decentralization, citizen participation, local government structures and civil society organizations.
- Experience in the elaboration of strategic plans and action plans in the area of advocacy, human rights, policy analysis and producing position papers.
- Capacity to provide advisory services.
- Proven experience in networking, planning and monitoring & evaluation
- Ability to conduct research on the implementation and impact of projects.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Capacity to work with various stakeholders and work in a multicultural team;
- Ability to prioritize the work and to complete multiple tasks;
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills;
- Experience in knowledge management and knowledge transfer;
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Applications, Internet);
- Excellent written and spoken Kinyarwanda, English and/or French.
Application shall be composed of the following parts:
1. A letter of application addressed to the Spokesperson of the PFSCR
2. An updated CV including 3 references (academia and work related) with contact details
3. Notarized copies of diploma, driver’s license and proof of services.
The deadline for submission of applications is the 25 th of April 2014 before 16:00, at the Rwanda Civil Society Platform offices located at Kacyiru.
For further information, please contact:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Website: www.rcsprwanda.org
Tel. Mobile: 0785448419
Spokesperson of the Plate Forme de la Societe Civile Rwandaise